Let us know you're moving as soon as possible. The earlier you tell us the faster we can connect you.
Important things to know+
- You will need to check with the existing tenant/property owner, that their current broadband service has been cancelled before we can connect you.
- If you are on a fixed term contract with less than 6 months remaining you will need to resign to a 12 month plan.
- If you are on an old plan you may need to switch to one of our current broadband plans.
- If you’re moving to an area that does not have broadband. Don’t worry! You can use our wireless broadband or rural wireless services instead.
What do I need to know before I move address?+
Moving address is a simple process, but it often takes time. Make sure you give the Compass Customer Care team as much notice as possible before you move address – the more time you give us, the more time we will have to arrange the reconnection of your services at the new address.
If one or more of your services has associated hardware, equipment or physical connections, it may take additional time and expense to remove and reinstall these. Be sure to include as much information as possible when contacting the Compass Customer Care team.
Moving your services
If you need to move your services to a new address, simply login to My Compass and send a Support Request to the Compass Customer Care team. Be sure to include the following:
- Your current address.
- The destination address.
- When the move is occurring.
- If you are taking all or some of your services with you.
- If you require any additional services at your new address.
- If any of your current services have associated hardware or connections that will require removal and re-installation.
There are not usually any costs with moving house – however, some services with associated hardware or physical connections have associated re-connection costs. Charges when moving address will depend on which services you have, and if you are keeping them at your new address.